It has been a while since my last update. I have been very busy with my personal life and unable to write up any updates at all. I have now over 10 erios in my collection and have spent some time trimming and replanting all my plants so that they can all fill 2/3 of the left side of the aquarium. The mini java fern is growing very well.
Recently i have had an outbreak of black beard algae. I made a few changes to the tank after i noticed this algae beginning to take over.
1. Excel (dino spit) dosing
2. Increased flow of my powerhead
3. Cleaned the filter as it was blocked
4. Upped my CO2
5. Bought one Siamese algae eater fish
This managed to clear ALL of the algae. I was very surprised. Now there is not one remnant remaining.