Sometimes i wonder if anyone actually reads my blog. If you are a regular to my blog please let me know as it gives me motivation to update it more often.
Since filling the nano I have been plagued with problems.
Here is a quick summary of the highlights:
1. HC has finally rooted. time to fill
2. Tank filled at the beginning of August. I am very happy and excited. CO2 ordered and has arrived. Light put on a timer for 6 hours a day. Fingers crossed. Diatom battle incoming.
3. Outbreak of Rhizoclonium ( I believe that is what it is called). I tried nuking some of it with H202 in a 1mL syringe but ended up destroying the HC carpet on the right front corner of the tank. Now i resort to daily 50% water changes. I have also planted the back of the aquarium with fast growing stem plants. As of today (25/8/14) I am double dosing excel and adding 10ppm of KNO3 in an attempt to beat the algae infestation. To reach 10ppm I have added 20g of KNO3 powder to 500mL of water and mixed it into a bottle. I am dosing 10mL of this solution daily then as needed.