Thursday, April 12, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] Tank water now clear




The female snow white has berried today. They should be due to hatch at the beginning of May. The yellow cherry also berried up a few days ago but unfortunately dropped half her eggs.

Also my Eheim Opal water has finally cleared up so here is an updated picture. Notice anything different? I have added a black background. I have also started dosing phosphorous into the tank as PMDD does not contain any. Tank is still a little messy and I am just waiting for the plants to fill in more.

I am planning to set up another star fire tank in the near future and I am getting some prices for it. I have already bought a CO2 cylinder and regulator in preparation for it. Currently I am deciding between a 60x45x40 and a 80x45x40. Most likely I will go for the 2 footer.

Computer is playing up a bit at the moment so i will post a more detailed update later on.



Next in the works for the EHEIM OPAL:

- Might replace the driftwood with one that better suits the tank.
- Remove the stones on the left side?
- Lilly Pipes
- Pogo Helferi (i need this plant but don't have the space for it yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment