Thursday, December 22, 2011

[EHEIM OPAL] CO2 upgrade


Since christmas is coming up I have been extremely busy and thus the fewer updates. Recently I have upgraded my CO2 cylinder to a 3kg Aussie made brand "Keg King". I will post up some reviews on it later on when I have settled the transaction.

But so far I am a little disappointed as the regulator arrived damaged (the back panel to one of the gauges was bent forwards preventing the pointer arm from showing its reading). I was also unhappy with the postage fees. I had to pay for postage separately for both items despite them arriving on the same day. Postage in itself cost me $50. The regulator was also NOT bubble wrapped which was very disappointing. Don promised me a replacement regulator so lets see if he keeps his word. Apart from that, I have no complaints about the cylinder.

Reason for upgrade? Well... I was just tired of going down to my LFS every 2-3 weeks to get it refilled. Apparently with this cylinder I will not have to refill it again for at least 1-2 years. So far its set on 24 hours 1 bubble/sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment