Sunday, July 7, 2013

[VIDEO] SHRIMP and EHEIM OPAL UPDATE JULY 2013

A quick update on my Eheim Opal. Did a massive trim a few days ago and cut all the syngonathus plants short. I also purchased another large piece of driftwood for the right side of the aquarium. Hopefully the plants will fill in nicely. The mini java fern is growing nicely and I am planning to fill various areas of the driftwood with it. The right side of the aquarium still needs some work. 
A brief description of the plants in the tank: (spelling may be wrong just jotting it from memory)

On the driftwood
- Mini java fern
- Bucephalandra
- Native bolbitis
- Mini bolbitis
- Fissidens
On the substrate
- Syngonathus manaus and belem (front left)
- Sao Paolo (back left)
- Staurogyne (front right)
- HC (front)
- Eriocaulon shiga (front middle)
- Crinum (back left)
- Hygrophila pinnatifiada (back right)
- Ludwigia ovalis (middle)
There are other plants in there but I just cannot think of the names at the moment



Now for the shrimp. As some of you may know I am now taking a break from the shrimp hobby. My kks have all grown up from being juvies and I will post a few pictures below. The tiny rruby red shrimplet posted previously has already grown to a considerable size. (see the youtube video below)

The sunkist are looking nice - nice strong speckly orange on the adults. The red crystals are nice and solid with red legs and face. I have also fine tuned my black cherries to a solid black colour. The red rillis still need some work however.











No comments:

Post a Comment