Sunday, August 24, 2014

[1ft IWAGUMI] Algae Battle Begins

 Wow it has been a while since I have put up an update on the 1 foot Nano cube.
Sometimes i wonder if anyone actually reads my blog. If you are a regular to my blog please let me know as it gives me motivation to update it more often.

Since filling the nano I have been plagued with problems.

Here is a quick summary of the highlights:

1. HC has finally rooted. time to fill





2. Tank filled at the beginning of August. I am very happy and excited. CO2 ordered and has arrived. Light put on a timer for 6 hours a day. Fingers crossed. Diatom battle incoming. 


3. Outbreak of Rhizoclonium ( I believe that is what it is called). I tried nuking some of it with H202 in a 1mL syringe but ended up destroying the HC carpet on the right front corner of the tank. Now i resort to daily 50% water changes. I have also planted the back of the aquarium with fast growing stem plants. As of today (25/8/14) I am double dosing excel and adding 10ppm of KNO3 in an attempt to beat the algae infestation. To reach 10ppm I have added 20g of KNO3 powder to 500mL of water and mixed it into a bottle. I am dosing 10mL of this solution daily then as needed.


2 comments:

  1. Nice post and yes, there are definitely supporters of your blog out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emboli, just stumbled across your blog and looked through a couple of pages already. Your tanks are all stunning!!! Keep the updates going. For extra motivation you can earn money by monetizing your youtube videos and putting ads on this blog through google adsense.

    ReplyDelete