Monday, March 5, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] - Change of Plan (t) s


Above: 2 New Lionhead Cichlids were added to my tank. From my understanding these are semi-aggressive. Left is the female (named Bigmouth) and right is the male (named King). Within 48 hours The King had established his "territory" under the piece of driftwood towards the right of the tank. When I pulled out the java fern, the shrimp went flying and these two bullies made a quick meal of them. You can see he has one of my super reds in his mouth.

I have sold off a lot of plants in the past week.
The following plants are now gone:

1. Ambulia
2. Java Fern
3. Limnophilia
4. HC (have replanted the carpet)
5. Windelov Java Fern (I love this plant so I had to replant a pup - last lot was given away as a gift)

This sell-off has funded my way for a set of plants that are on the way via Auspost. (thank you Forever Mango).

1. Crinum Calamistratum
2. Tri-colour lotus (my last one died)
3. Tonina fluviatilis
4. Ludwigia senegalensis
5. Ludwigia sp Cuba
6. Marimo balls
7. Taiwan moss

As a result I will need to seriously upgrade my fertilisation schedule. Therefore I have decided to purchase an EHEIM Autodoser to do the job for me as I have been very slack. Hopefully this will solve the yellowing problem I am beginning to get on some plants.
I have done a lot of reading on measuring dry ferts as well

"Dosing with Grubs”
http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/5399-Dosing-with-Grubs-My-DIY-Fert-Regime.


Sears Cronin paper is in the web site
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/


The following links are just for my reference. I think I will follow Cronin's guide for now and see what happens. I will post some pics of the new plants when they arrive in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment