Wednesday, April 4, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] New Toys for my Opal





With the upcoming Easter Break work has been so busy so I had more dosh to splurge.

Therefore I have purchased the following items.

1. German made Tunze Regulator and ofcourse German made Solenoid and Brass Bubble Counter + Check Valve. Out with the Up Aqua Regulator - the solenoid died on me after JUST 1 F*cking week!

2. EHEIM Autodoser - I just do not have the time to measure everything. As you know I now dose everything with PMDD. This consists of:
  • 14g K2SO4
  • 6g KNO3
  • 33g MGSO4
  • 9g Chelated Iron
I then mix 100g of this solution into 500mL of water to make up 600mL. There have been varying opinions on how to dose this into the tank. The main article recommends 1mL/50L per day. For my EHEIM OPAL which is 200L, I am going to start with 3mL/day then reduce the dose to 2mL daily. I will keep dosing till i get about 5-10ppm (mg/mL) of Nitrates in my water.
If you are following my guide make sure you store the rest of the ferts in the fridge and label it so no one decides to take a swig and ends up hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment