Saturday, May 5, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] No Vortex with Lilly Pipes?



I have had no luck with creating a vortex with my Lilly Pipe so I upgraded my filter from an Eheim 2213 to an EHEIM Professional 2224. Although it has double the flow I still have no luck creating a vortex. I am trying to seek a solution to this problem and will do a further update when I find a solution.



Fact: Plants do not die when their leaves all drop off
I noticed a few days ago the Tricolor Lotus that I thought I had lost has reincarnated itself from underneath the soil. Although all the leaves had melted away, this plant is perfectly capable of coming back from the dead if the root system is still present. I had always thought when the leaves all fall off the plant dies, but i am proved wrong.

Theory: Erios can be propagated when divided into 2 pieces
Also to the right of this picture you will see I have divided my Erio shiga into 2 pieces. Time will tell if they survive. I should have taken photos of when I was splitting it but the time I had thought about it, it was too late. Basically all I did was split it down the middle with a sharp razor blade.
I will take more pictures its progress in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment