Wednesday, August 8, 2012

[MARINE TANK] First Corals


Duncan to the left and Zoas to the right

Left: Weir plumbing Right: Sump setup

Here are pictures of my plumbing job. I have finished the two drains and have re-routed the return pipe to the back of the tank. This will ensure I never get any flooding problems in the future.

New Corals
I have made a few purchases of the hardier types of softies.
The Duncans were amazing; they opened up the next day. The Zoas have not all opened up yet but 30% of them have. The red ones are still closed and the green ones are partially open.
The Ricordia do not seem to be doing so well. Time will tell if they survive.

Here are my purchases in non specific order.
- Ricordia (Green / Purple)
- ZOOANTHIDs
Darth Maul Zoa - has red dots in centre
Armor of God - red with pink ring
- Duncans (3 polyps)
- ACRO (not expecting this to survive was given to me for free)

Clean up crew
- 2 x hermits
- 1 x peppermint
- several turbos

TIP: I acclimitise my coral using a container within a bucket. Basically I drip water from the sump into the container till it overflows into the bucket. Afterwards I introduce the coral into the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment