Saturday, August 18, 2012

[MARINE TANK] Ultra Golden Hammer and Yellow Tipped Torch




I got a few more corals today from Matt

Here is an updated list of my collection:
1. Green Duncans
2. Sun Coral (pain in the ass to feed but my favourite at the moment)
3. Zoas (will post up a good picture later on)
4. Purple tipped CAT
5. Ultra Golden Hammer (my second favourite)
6. Toxic Hammer Green
7. Ultra Golden Yellow Tipped Torch
8. Green Rhodactis

I must say I am very impressed with the Golden Hammer. It looks metallic yellow. I will post up more pics once the other corals have settled. Tank is in the process of a Diatomic Bloom. (Brown slime all over glass and substrate).

Biggest issue is water evaporation. I am losing about 1L/day. I have purchased a Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 (will post up pics later on).

TIP: When a sun coral is first purchased it will likely be in its skeleton. To tease it to come out, place a half cut coke bottle on top of it and turn the lights off (polyps seem sensitive to light). Mix some frozen food in a cup and using a syringe squirt a little into the coke bottle. Wait an hour for the polyps to come out. Once the polyps extend out, gently feed them using a syringe.



No comments:

Post a Comment