Saturday, November 3, 2012

[SHRIMP TANK] Oxidators

 A few things this week. I have setup another tank to concentrate on cherry breeding. I will be getting a few chocolates in next couple of weeks. So far I have a couple of breeding Rilli, Yellows, Sunkist Orange and Fire reds.
(Have not got round to taking pics yet but will soon)

Another update is the introduction of three Sochting Oxidators into my setups. These seem to be beneficial in that they diffuse oxygen into the water by breaking up the extra oxygen molecule from Hydrogen Peroxide. I will post some reviews on them later on down the track once I am able to judge how useful they are.

Summer is fast approaching and i have a feeling it will be a hot one. Unfortunately weather is totally out of my control and despite TLC I lost 2 snow white shrimp yesterday. The chiller is now and and my fingers are crossed.
final note: I am sad to say I pulled down my marine tank over the weekend. Cannot keep up with all the water changes. I can deal with freshwater but marine is just too much work!


No comments:

Post a Comment