Saturday, February 23, 2013

[EHEIM OPAL] Plant Review



I will write a short review of my experience of each plant in some detail. This is my personal experience of each plant and it may differ for other people. If you wish to use the information here for your own website please do not copy paste my information. Instead feel free to ask me and I will be more than happy to help provided you mail me the website you wish to post the information on.

Thank you

Pogo Helferi
Starting with my favourite plant and the plant that gives me the most grief. This plant seems to do better in conditions that are stable. It is a LOVELY foreground plant but is very fickle and will perish if the soil is disturbed around it or if it is removed from the water for extended periods. This is now my third try with this plant and so far it seems to be doing well.

The secret to looking after this plant is:
1. Iron and lots of it
2. Good flow around it
3. CO2!!!! and lots of it
4. You need strong light

Eriocaulon shiga
A stunning plant that requires good light to grow. It does not seem to do very well under my LED for some reason but under 2x T5HO bulbs it does grow steadily. The maximum size I have seen this plant is approximately 6cm high so it does remain small and compact. When fully grown it is symmetrically hemispherical and just looks amazing. A very good foreground plant and very desirable.

The secret to looking after this plant is:
1. It seems to love good light
2. ADA amazonia
3. Keep it above the soil. Do not bury it in or it will melt.





Here is how my Aquarium looks today 23/2/13

No comments:

Post a Comment