Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New PLANTS!!





Firstly the good news
Thankyou Victor for the following plants
1. HC (ive planted this towards the front of the tank)
2. Staurogyne (not sure what to do with this one)
3. Tiger Lily (pruned roots and leaves and planted in the middle)
4. Xmas / Peacock Moss? (lovely moss. Ive attached this to the top of the driftwood)
5. Some unknown red stems (planted behind the riccia carpet to provide some contrast)

I know the white pebbles look really ugly. But ill just have to ignore them for now because they are in there for only one purpose. To hold the Christmas / Peacock moss down.

I cannot believe it. I cannot seem to be rid of this ammonia. It must be leeching from the soil.
Today my parameters are:

ammonia 1mg/L
nitrites 0ppm
nitrates 20ppm (aargh! even after a 33% water change)

I have done the following things today
1. planted planted planted more and more again
2. water change 33%

2 comments:

  1. Heya Vertiga,

    HC is doing great so far. But i haven't got enough time to add CO2 to my tank so I hope it will survive till i get things prepared.

    Ill post some pics of it later on in my blog

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete