Saturday, August 13, 2011

New TANK! Finally separating the CRS from the Fish



Above: "Rocky" the larger Hillstream Loach is quite happy to sit on his favourite rock all day. Sometimes I get a little worried as he doesn't have any interest in wafers unlike the smaller Hillside loach "Cutie".

I have a new tank!

After careful consideration. I have decided to keep my CRS but in a separate aquarium!
This means I can keep all my fish including my Siamese Algae Eaters. The larger tank will mean increased stocking rates.
The tank I recently acquired is an Aquaone Aquastyle 620 Curved Glass Aquarium.
It is in the process of being filled up with gravel. (will post some pics later on).

Here are the specs:
• 62x39x52cm.
• 90 Litres Capacity.
• Black finish
• Seamless front and side glass creates optimum viewing

My plans are to do the following:
- Move all existing fish to the Larger Aquaone tank
- Leave the CRS in the 15gallon 50L and get them to breed
- Move some of the existing plants to the larger tank

I have also recently purchased the following fish
- 5x pygmy corydoras

I have finally also got my water parameters under control in my 15gallon.
Measured ammonia today is 0mg/mL

No comments:

Post a Comment