Tuesday, June 19, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] Eriocaulon Splitting





Since I had success in splitting my Erios a few months back I have decided to give it another try. This time I have split one into 3 plants. (see the picture). Fingers crossed we will see how they grow as the foremost plant has no roots. The one in the middle is the unsplit one.

Also, I have trimmed my Crinum leaves in hope that it will produce an extra bulb. Although it is still young, the older leaves have gone dark since my past CO2 issues so I have trimmed them off.

Im having a lot of browser issues with firefox and it is very difficult for me to update my blog. I will try to update it again from time to time.


TIP: When splitting Eriocaulon, i use a razor blade. (preferably a scalpel blade) and i split it right down the middle so each portion still has roots. You will see the pinkish/purplish centre of the bulb in the middle. Do not worry about this. When replanting, it does help to have tweezers and grab it by the roots as you replant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment