Monday, June 25, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] Trimming




I did did another trim today. Here is a brief description of what has happened.
1. Trimmed the Syngonathus back and replanted them all in the left corner, removed some Staurogyne.
2. Red Macranda has been moved to the far left corner.
3. Proserpinaca has been replanted to the back right middle.

Future plans:
- I am hoping to try Pogostem helferi again. It is a lovely looking plant but does not seem to flourish in my tank. I might give it another go in future.
- I would like to get some larger taller driftwood for my tank but because the mosses are so well grown out on the right hand side, it makes it difficult for me to consider restarting that corner.

TIP: To propagate stem plants, trimming it 3/4 down near the base will produce extra shoots later on. These shoots can be harvested and replanted. Use tweezers to replant them.

No comments:

Post a Comment