Wednesday, September 26, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] Quick Update



Oh no they changed the blogger editor to a different format so forgive me if the blog format changes.

TDS Woes
My main tank is not in the best condition at the moment (due to neglect) and I will be doing further water changes and a trim this weekend. The TDS has risen to above 300 from constant dosing without water changes.I am embarrassed to post a full tank shot up at the moment but will do so at a later stage.
I did a quick 50% water change last week as I almost had a heart attack when i checked the TDS.
 Also my lights are over a year old and may need changing some time soon. I may have to pop down to the LFS to change the bulbs. Plants however still seem to be growing quite well.


In more positive news:

I am to say I won 5 fire red shrimp in a forum competition. I will post pictures of these shrimp at a later date!
Lastly, I have purchased a 2217 for the main tank as the EHEIM Professional (although a great filter) does not seem to create enough flow in the tank. Will be selling this filter soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment