Saturday, September 29, 2012

[SHRIMP TANK] Black Faced CBS and Painted Fire Reds




Snow Whites

I apologise for the layout. This is the best I could come up with and still experimenting with the new design of the editor. Snow whites are growing well, and to count I have close to fifty in total (I think). They are a lot hardier than people seem to think they are. Some come out very solid but some lack some consistency in their shell. The babies are just gorgeous.
I have seen golden shrimp before and I must say, the difference in snow white and golden shrimp are just marginal. However I do find golden shrimp have a yellow tinge and translucent shell. From what I hear Snow Whites are from Black Crystals and Goldens are from Reds.

Black Faced Crystal Black

Below this paragraph you will see a Black Crystal Shrimp with a black face. It looked so nice I decided to take pics.
There are not may in my colony with black faces. I have separated the few out to selectively breed them. It is coincidental that they also have black legs as well.
The pictures below are of the female. She is currently holding eggs so it will be interesting to see what the next generation looks like.






Painted Fire Reds

Here are some pictures of the painted fire reds as promised. I do not have any males so I have added some ordinary red cherry males to the population. Hopefully the juveniles will retain the strong colour.

I find the red shrimp look a lot better than the yellow ones. I might put them together one day and see what the F1 produces.

2 comments:

  1. wow you got a heap of yellows!
    would the black face in the CBS mean that it may have tai bee genetics cause kk's have black faces??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that but I never actually seen or had a tai bee in my tank.
      Therefore I am assuming all that selective breeding has produced a crystal with a trait that looks similar to a tai bee?

      Delete