Wednesday, July 11, 2012

[EHEIM OPAL] Redify it



above: left - After planting the red stems. right - After planting the crinum -.-;;

Red Plants Galore

Made a purchase for Pogo Helferi (as i mentioned before) and some random red stems as my tank seemed to be lacking the red variety.
My package of plants arrived all at once today. Here is a list of plants purchased.

1. Pogo Helferi (Thanks to Hip aka Tony)
2. Rotala Macranda Variegated (Thanks again to Hip aka Tony)
3. Ludwigia senegalensis (Thanks to Liverpool Creek aka Jeff)
4. Rotala H'ra (Thanks to Liverpool Creek aka Jeff)
5. Ludwigia ovalis (Thanks to Liverpool Creek aka Jeff)

Although the plants at the moment look a bit messy they have arrived in very healthy condition and I am very pleased. A few days and they should straighten out.
I just hope they will not lose their red colour over time. Fingers crossed.
From today onwards, I will be dosing extra Iron.

Crinum Relocation

I have decided to relocate my crinum to the back of the tank. It was not an easy task. Uprooting the plant without disturbing the HC around it was difficult. Planting the crinum was even more difficult! The roots just refused to stay underneath the substrate and I ended up clouding the tank afterwards.



TIP : Got an oil slick? Oil film on top of the tank can be easily removed by placing towelettes on the surface of the water and pulling it off. Another way would be to use air bubbles from a ceramic diffuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment