Wednesday, July 18, 2012

[SHRIMP TANK] Mini Pellia





It has been a while since I updated the news of my shrimp setup. I recently acquired a lot of female yellow cherries (Thank you BigD). They are going great guns!
I also now have over 20 snow white shrimp. They all seem to be coming out very nice and solid thanks to their solid parents. Only time will tell.
Above is a picture of Mini Pellia. The shrimp love this plant and seem to swarm to it. It is a rare miniature version of ordinary Pellia or Wassertang. (you know may the normal version as subwassertang.) I absolutely love this plant.

Exciting news for the week
1. My marine cube has arrived. Very excited about this! Will post some pictures up later for you marine fans.
2. I purchased the new iphone OLLOCLIP. Prepare yourself for some incredible macro shots in future posts to come.


Well that is all for this week until I find something more to talk about.

TIP: Ottocinclus and Siamese Algae eaters are great fish to keep in a planted tank. They will consume beard algae and many other forms of algae. Plecos are great for green dust algae and greenspot algae on leaves. Shrimp such as Darwin Algae shrimp and Cherry shrimp are great for thread algae. Watch out! SAE will eat WEEPING MOSS and NANO MOSS. They will however leave peacock moss alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment