Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Here comes Cutie


Above left: The Borneo sucker chilling with my SAE
Above right: Newly purchased Banana Lily plant

Today I bought a Borneo Sucker from City Pet Aquariums in Blacktown. I have named him Cutie.

Anyway I have made the following additions to my aquarium.
1. Added one small Borneo Sucker
2. Added one small Banana Lily plant


Some interesting information on the Borneo Sucker
Hillstream Loach
Alternative Name(s): Borneo sucker, Hongkong plec, Chinese plec
Scientific Name(s): Beaufortia kweichowensis
Category: Coldwater
Difficulty:
Maximum Size: 10cms
Minimum Tank Volume: 90 litres
Minimum Tank Size: 3ft
Water Temperature Range: 18-24°C
Water pH Range: 6.5-7.5
Water Hardness Range: 0-0 dGH

Changes Ive made to make my Borneo Sucker more comfortable
Due to its requirements I have adjusted the flow of the internal filter so it points directly above the water and ripples the water. I will also be upgrading my filter to an EHEIM soon.
I have also adjusted my temperature to 22 degrees celsius.
I have also purchased another sucker from livefish.com.au to keep this one company. It will be arriving next week.

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Leading Social Trading Network!

    Join millions who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple...

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their orders automatically!

    ReplyDelete