Friday, July 22, 2011

Crystal Shrimp hunting




top left: peppermint pleco (PRETTY)
top right: CRS hiding under the Anubias
bottom left: Shrimp taking off
bottom right: Shrimp having a feed on Hikari wafers

I have made the following new addition to my aquarium

1. 8 x Grade A Crystal red shrimp
2. 1x Peppermind Pleco (I have named this dude PRETTY)
3. 1x bunch Java moss

I have also given away my 3 neons to prevent overstocking. The tank is probably coming very close to being overstocked.
The shrimp have found refuge under my anubis plant. I have added some java moss below it so they may feel more comfortable.

Now I have to adjust a few parameters. The shrimp from what I hear prefer the following conditions.

Parameters
1. Ammonia 0
2. Nitrites 0 (this is a good change! I am now fully cycled)
3. Nitrates 5
4. gH 3
5. kH 0 (this is good for CRS)
6. Temp 24 (have elevated this slightly - sorry Cutie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment