Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ammonia SPIKE!





top left: Riccia is growing well. There is something sprouting from it though. Gonna find out what it is.
top right: Hairgrass (left) Tricolor lotus (middle front) Lilaeopsis (right)
bottom: Christmas moss tied down to driftwood with fishing line.

Due to mucking around with my soil and planting the baby tears and wisteria the other day, I think this has resulted in an ammonia spike. I tested my tank for ammonia levels today and it is reading at an elevated level of 5mg/L. Nitrites are 0 and Nitrates are at 10.

Gonna have to do a few more water changes over the next few days.

Tomorrow I will purchase some Seachem Prime to allieviate this ammonia problem.

note: I have also added 15 pieces of coral to my tank to raise the kH. I am hoping for a kH level of about 2-4 so that I may start dosing my plants with CO2.

Got the following new plants from AL thanks to Tangyplant
Windelov Javafern (uncommon) - ive put this above the driftwood and held it down with a rock
Hemianthus micranthemoides (common) - planted far right of the tank and left side underneath the driftwood
tricolour lotus (uncommon) - planted towards to front (so that i may keep an eye on it)
xmas moss (uncommon) - planted on the overhanging branch right side
pygmy chainsword (common) - ive got some already so ive thrown this out
hairgrass (common) - planted front right side nearer the centre so that i may keep an eye on it

No comments:

Post a Comment