Friday, July 29, 2011

BLOG IS NOW PUBLIC!



I have not opened my private blog to the public and any feedback is welcome.

I apologise for the lighting. The new bulb is a pink bulb for the plants. I will change it over in future to take better pics. The tank looks a little ugly now and I need to fine tune the design. It also needs some time to settle in.

This morning I have added 1/4 mL Flourish excel to my tank. This is one quarter of the recommended dosing for my 40-50L tank. I am being careful because I do not wish to stress out my CRS.

Now I have noticed a few changes.
1. The Banana Lily has sprouted this steep stem? I wonder what it is.
2. The Java moss under the Anubias plant has fluffy white algae growing on it. (well i think its algae). I will be keeping an eye on it for now.


edited: Ive done some reading about the banana lily and here is what i found
"Trim the surface shooting stem once the leaf has unfurled on the surface, close to the plant, then again nearer the leaf, allowing 5cm worth of stem... leave the leaf floating... the end of the stem will swell, and sprout roots - plant these and you have another banana lily, without banana's, that won't shoot for the surface, but will grow new leaves...
If you leave the surface leaves attached, they will draw all the life out of the bunch of banana's on the bottom, then the stems will rot off, and new bunches will form under the leaf... then you have new bunches of banana's to grow, instead...
I love my banana lillies - by the rate the leaves shoot for the surface you just know they're soaking up a ton of 'trates while they do so... the surface leaves make nice shade for neons, etc, too..."

No comments:

Post a Comment